Vegan Tacos with Coconut Wraps, Spicy Walnut Meat & Cashew Sour Cream
November 25, 2015
Snag My Favorite Non-Toxic Beauty Products on Sale for #SmallBusinessSaturday!
November 28, 2015

How Celery Juice Can Repair Your Gut by Restoring Stomach Acid (helpful for acid reflux, bloating, acne, autoimmune + more!)

Do you have any of the following symptoms or conditions: poor digestion, heaviness after a meal where food just sits there, acid reflux, eczema, food allergies, gastritis, psoriasis, vitiligo, colitis, hair loss, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, autoimmune disease, bloating, undigested food in stool, flatulence, or even nausea after eating/taking supplements?

PHEW! That was a long list. The reason I went through all of those is because every single one of them was implicated as a symptom of OR result of low stomach acid (HCL) production. These findings were published in a scientific paper titled “Hydrochloric Acid: Physiological Functions and Clinical Implications” by Dr. Gregory Kelly in 1997.

Stomach-Acid1 Stomach-Acid2

The short term symptoms (bloating, undigested food in stool, etc.) are a direct result of the low stomach acid prohibiting you from being able to fully digest food or break down proteins.

However, the more serious symptoms like the full-blown medical conditions listed above are a result of long-term low HCL. This is partly due to the fact that HCL is your body’s #1 defense against disease-causing viruses, pathogens and parasites. Many of these disorders are linked to viral infections; for example, see studies linking disorders MS to Epstein Barr Virus here, here, and here.

Without HCL your body cannot properly absorb minerals (i.e. selenium and zinc), which are crucial for your immune system! And finally, without HCL, your food just sits there, putrefying, creating a toxic ammonia gas that floats into your blood stream and makes you tired and/or chronically ill.

index
The good news is that you don’t need a pill to start healing.

You just have to use food as medicine, in the form of celery juice! Drink 16 oz. fresh celery juice on an empty stomach (important) as soon as you wake up.

Celery contains unique sodium compositions, and these mineral salts are bonded with many bioactive trace minerals and nutrients. Celery juice in the morning will strengthen your digestion of everything you eat that day, and over time, the minerals and mineral salts will help to restore your stomach’s HCL.

Other excellent options for repairing your stomach acid include cabbage juice, stress reduction, and manuka honey, which I talk about in this post. Thank you for reading and let me know how it works out if you give it a try!

Affiliate Disclosure

1. brian says:

That’s amazing wow

I want to try this

hope there will be more comment

2. romee says:

what to drink first warm water with lemon an ACV or celery juice?

3. Mia says:

Would I drink the celery juice first thing before or after I oil pull and brush my teeth?

4. romee says:

Thanks!you’re doing a great job!

5. Shane Dibbs says:

Excellent Post, awareness is key..
    Keep up the good work…

6. Kate says:

Hey Olivia! I’ve been taking Xymogen’s GastrAcid with the Betaine HCL with every meal for digestive issues and I ran out, so I tried the celery juice! I do drink my lemon water first, then I have the celery juice. I’ve been doing it for about a week now and my digestion does seem to be improved. I have low bile generally, and my poop is usually pale-colored, with undigested food in it, but it’s a nice dark brown color this week and solid. The celery juice is the only thing I’m doing differently.. So I think it’s working!

• Organic Olivia says:

I am so happy it’s working!! YAY! The change in stool indicates a huuuuge improvement, especially with the liver. I’m really excited to hear this and please keep my updated on your progress 🙂

7. Charlotte says:

Thank you so much for writing this. I eat an incredibly nutrient rich, organic, holistic diet and have been so discouraged when noticing undigested food in my stool. It’s feels like I’m LITERALLY flushing my efforts & money down the toilet. I believe it’s not just about what you eat, it’s what your body can absorb! I’m starting this TOMORROW to start healing and increase acid production. Infinite gratitude to you and for all the light that you shine, Olivia.

8. Simone Mauhl says:

What a co-incidence. I was told this morning that I have a low stomach acid level and it was recommended to drink apple cider vinegar. Will try it for sure now, even though I have the taste.

9. Mailin says:

How much celery do you need to get 16oz of juice out of it? I’ve got too many of those symptoms and should definitely try it! :p

• Organic Olivia says:

I go to Trader Joe’s and buy the big packs of organic celery for $1.69. I usually end up juicing the whole pack for 16 oz. xx

10. ronda says:

is this something that you prepare on your own with a juicer, or do you purchase this?

• Organic Olivia says:

I freshly juice it myself every morning with my juicer. It’s best to drink it within 2 or 3 minutes of juicing so that the enzymes are alive.

11. Racquel Wilkins says:

This is great info, thank you! Do you have a recommendation for a children’s parasite cleanse?

12. Katie says:

Good info, this look like it is all info from Medical Medium Anthony William? He is the one who put this info out there first decades ago

13. Mia says:

Would I drink the celery juice first thing when I wake up or should I oil pull and brush first?

14. Ayisha says:

Thanks so much for this post Olivia! I have a question, I just ate toast and jam for breakfast and then I had Gaviscon for indigestion because the doctor and myself are still not sure what I have so she said try it anyway. Is it too late to have celery juice as I have just ate and had that medicine? Thanks x

15. kaylyn says:

Do you have a good method for washing fruits and veggies? What is it and what do you use?

16. Nik says:

How long should one do this? Is it like a”rest of your life” thing or a few months until you see a change? Love all of your info!!!

17. Tan says:

Hi Olivia

Does it have to be just plain celery juice in order to be effective or can I mix some fruit and other vegetable juices in there too?

Thanks!

• Olivia says:

Celery juice alone is the most potent and effective. It’s recommended to drink it plain if you can handle the taste. If not, adding an apple for sweetness can work. I know it’s kinda gross alone, but I usually chug it and remind myself of the benefits! Lol xx

18. Caitlin says:

Do you think it’s ok to do this but with a blender instead and say maybe a 1/4 cup of filtered water? Probably not the tastiest but I’m eager to start this and am without a juicer until payday 😉

19. Edeline says:

Hi Olivia since I don’t have a juicer and it’s too expensive for me to buy one. What do you recommend me to do instead of a celery juice?

• Olivia says:

You can actually buy celery juice – the Swiss brand “biotta” makes a pure celery juice. Although honestly, buying a mid-priced juicer one time will save you a lot more money than buying celery juice continuously from the store. It is an investment in your health, and you can find some great ones on amazon for $40-$50.

20. Kimberly says:

I’m currently doing your parasite cleanse and now want my entire family to do it! Is it okay/safe for my 13-year-old girls?

P.S. You helped me put a finger on aalll my health issues which boiled down to parasites/unhealthy gut at the root. Drank ginger tea 1 month before I started the cleanse and immediately began releasing parasites (and never stopped)! Thank you for all the info!

21. Victoria says:

Would it be okay if I juiced the celery the night before? I don’t have time in the mornings and always juice the night before and drink the next day. Thanks! 🙂

22. Lainey says:

Hi Olivia,

Can you eat normally immediately after having the celery juice on an empty stomach?

23. Michelle P. says:

Hi Olivia- I just gave in to the latest fad…and I HOPE this one works. I have been battling digestive issues for quite some time to no avail. I am going to try the celery first thing in the morning. I eat pretty clean throughout the day, kale, lettuce, chicken, olive oil, banana, protein bar and shake. However, I am always bloated and have gained belly fat just since the NEW Year. I’m 53 but I refuse to go down with all the other women that blame it on Menopause. Do you have any other hints?
    Michelle

24. Tania says:

so would you recommend to first drink your weight loss elixir or first the celery juice?

Also what would you recommend for a parasite cleanse for someone who lives in belgium where two of the main ingredients ( if my memory serves me well black wallnut and wormwoode) are illegale. I ordered online from the USA before you started your kit then you had launched your very first cleanse ( I even contacted you by email to get it shipped to the USA as I would be vacationing there but didn’t go through with it because of what follows). My order got confiscated by customs and I had to go in front of the food protection association and leave a deposition.explaigin Why I ordered them, why in that quantity, why I had them delivered at my parents house, did I know it was illegale, did I know that they are considered as drugs, etc … I could go to jail for it and get highly fined and it be in my records for a future employer.

I travel the world over see my account @anouchkatravels and therefore often from many digestive issues.
    I was treated in the past from an infection due to parasites (?) but indeed I never got a cure to rid of parasites.